Definition of Communication Competency
“The student is able to persuade others with respect to biblical and theological truth through oral, written, and electronic media.”
Complete the Kerygma preaching ministry tract.
1. Join Kerygma preaching ministry
2. Attend all meetings and assigned preaching and sermon tasks
1. Guidance from Ministry Mentor and other Kerygma members
2. Growing Disciples Series workbooks: Abide in Christ, Pray in Faith, Live in the Word
1. Preach at least 3 times by December 15th
2. Facilitate a class b September 15th
Overall Reflection Statement for Communication
For my competence in communication, I am submitting __________ [name/type of artifact] which demonstrates __________ [what you learned, experienced, or accomplished and with who]." Describe my thoughts for 100 words.
As I developed and demonstrated communication, I have learned __________ [something you have learned about yourself, about people, about ministry, and/or about God]. Describe my thoughts for 100 words.
Artifacts With Descriptions
Artifact 1: Evaluations
Artifact 2: Syllabi
Artifact 3: Recorded Teaching sessions
Lifelong Development Statement
As a result of the experiences documented by these artifacts, I will continue to develop in communication by __________ [something you will do differently next time or continue to improve upon]. Describe my thoughts for 100 words.